Making contributions

As an APSS Employee, Spouse or Rollover Account member, you have the option to supplement your super in a number of ways. Making personal contributions either before-tax (concessional contributions) or after-tax (non-concessional contributions) into an APSS Member Savings Account is one of the most effective ways to boost your super savings. To learn more about these types of contributions and how easy it is to start making a difference to your super, read the boost your super savings fact sheet.

You can make personal after-tax contributions via Bpay

To transfer money to your APSS Member Savings account using BPay, contact your bank and provide the APSS BPay biller code (237628), and your unique Customer Reference Number (CRN).To obtain your unique CRN, you can either call SuperPhone on 1300 360 373 or login to your APSS account, click on BPay and your unique details will be shown on screen.

There is a maximum BPay transaction of $100,000 per day, and BPay payments may take up to three business days to process.

Please note: BPay is not available for Pension members or for employee members wishing to make before-tax (salary sacrifice) payments.

Important things to consider

  • There are however, limits on the amount you can contribute to your super without potentially paying extra tax. Different limits and tax consequences apply, depending on the type of contribution and your age. If you are considering making personal contributions to your super, please be very careful of exceeding these annual limits. Defined benefit members should be aware that the notional amount their employer contributes to fund their APSS defined benefit each year will count towards the applicable limit. For more information see contributions limits.
  • Monitoring your annual super contributions in the APSS (and any other super funds you are a member of) is your responsibility, so it’s important you check your contributions regularly. You can check your total contributions in the APSS for the financial year to date on this website (using your APS number and PIN). To start, stop or change your contributions to the APSS, download the Change your regular super contributions form. Alternatively, call SuperPhone on 1300 360 373 and ask for a form to be sent to you.
  • If you’re age 65 or over, there are rules around when contributions can be made to your account. To learn more about age-based contribution rules for Member Savings see the sections: Employee Account, Spouse Account and Rollover Account.

You should consider obtaining some independent advice from a licensed financial planner or tax agent before making a decision about contributing to your super.