Making spouse contributions

If you are an employee member, you can help your spouse grow their super by making after-tax contributions into the APSS on their behalf. If your spouse isn’t already an APSS member, they may be eligible to open an APSS Spouse Account. Information on the tax offset for super contributions on behalf of your spouse can be found on the ATO website.

Making a spouse contribution

If your spouse has an APSS Spouse Account, it’s easy to top up their super with an after-tax contribution. Simply:

  • Download, print and complete the Make a Spouse Account Contribution form.
  • Make out a cheque or money order payable to the APSS for the amount you wish to contribute.
  • Mail the cheque or money order together with the form to APSS, Locked Bag A5005, SYDNEY SOUTH, NSW, 1235.

If your spouse is between age 65-69, you can only make spouse contributions to
their super if your spouse is currently employed in the paid workforce on at least a part-time basis (i.e. at least 40 hours in a period of 30 consecutive days during the most recent financial year). We can’t accept spouse contributions if your spouse is age 70 or above.

Get advice

We recommend that you speak to a licensed financial advisor to help you and your spouse decide on a contributions strategy for you.

More information

To learn more about contributing for your spouse, see Spouse Account.